While I was away last week I took time to reflect on how I use my time and I evaluated where I am going in my life. My life seems to run away into now where. I feel I am often just chasing my tale and not really accomplishing much. So after attending a time management for farming women workshop before I went away last week I decided it was time to look at how I use my time. The principles of the evening where to make goals and then plan your time to meet these goals. It was a very simple and efficient way to organise time.
I spent a bit of time thinking through what I want in my life. I have decided on these goals
- To continue drawing everyday in my sketchbook
- To practice machine quilting 2 times a week
- To spend time playing and experimenting with equipment I already have in my studio.
I am going to try to also
- To exercise daily so I have more energy to work at my art
- To listen to an play music daily to re energise my soul
- To study the scriptures more to re energize my spirit
My family and I are going to try
- Spend a little more time together
- I am going to have a date with my husband at least 1 time a fortnight (rather than monthly)
- To be more organised at home so I can get on with my art more
I know this will not be easy but it will be worth it.
When I started to place appointments and purposeful planning to meet these goals I found that I have a few pockets of time I can use to improve relationships and improve my art. Evaluating time this way has helped me to see how well I think through what I do and how well I take time to rest and to re charge.
Now all I have to do is stick to my plan!