Pages

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

My daughter leaves this week to university.  She is going to be 6 hours away by car and I am going to miss her so much.  I just hope that I have taught her enough and given her enough skills so she can survive. 

It is a funny feeling to let a child leave the nest.  So much time is invested in this amazing person  My life has been so much part of hers for 18 years  and now within 1 day she will be more independent and not in my life each day.  Part of me is celebrating her Independence and part of me wants to go back to when she was 2 and I was the centre of her world.  Life is like that though.  Life moves on whether I want to too or even if I am ready too.  It sometimes seems to to go so fast and other times slower that I think it can be possible. 

What do I want her to do?
  • Eat well
  • Wash your clothes
  • Clean up after yourself so you don't get swamped down.
  • Love
  • Laugh
  • Have fun
  • Look after yourself first so you can give to others
  • Be nice
  • Serve others
  • Work hard
  • Go to church
If I could tell her anything I would say
  • Be kind and thoughtful
  • Be patient
  • Have good integrity
  • Remember you are a child of God
  • Remember God is always there for you and he loves you
  • Be proud of your name and wear it well
  • Always stand up for what you believe in
  • Be careful and give trust away when it has been earned
  • Enjoy being you
In reality I will probably just tell her that I love her and hope all those lessons I have taught her in the last 18 years will already be cemented in her heart.  I need to trust that she already knows these things and will do herself proud.  Boy this is such a hard thing to do but I know I will survive.  I have done it once already and I made it to the next day in one piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment