Pages

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Being thankful

Through all the blogs I read from America there seems to be one theme at the moment....Thanksgiving.  This is not a celebration we have in NZ but I wish it was. 


What a lovely reason to celebrate, being thankful for everything in our lives.  I'd like to think that we take this one day into our hearts and make it stay there all year. 



I know though it is very hard to do this as life just take over and sometimes even just gets in the way.  So today I am going to write my own thankful list.  Even after the year our family has I am still so very grateful for so many things

  • That everyone is alive and our house is still standing
  • That I am loved
  • That my children value life (My daughter found the cat with a baby bird last night and carefully cared for it.  Many tear were shed this morning when it had died in the night)
  • A home
  • Democracy....I was able to vote last week in our elections
  • I have a brain that works and functions (most of the time :)
  • I can sew
  • I can draw
  • I have a family
  • I have values
  • I have Christ in my life
  • I have not had to spend any time in jail and I have my freedom
  • I can walk, run (sometimes he he) and jump
  • I can pursue my dream of being an artist so many people can't
  • That I have transport
  • That I can read and write
  • That I have been able to get an education
  • That I am a woman




What are you thankful for???

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful sentiment Catherine. It wasn't until I moved to the US that I discovered what a wonderful celebration "Thanksgiving" really is. Countries around the world should find a way to incorporate such a sentiment into their culture. I'm thankful for the freedom to choose. Not something everybody has.

    I LOVE the pics of those beautiful cherry blossoms by the way...makes me so homesick.

    Hugs to you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also thankful for family and Christ. (beautiful pictures, by the way!)

    ReplyDelete