Pages

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Stages of life

Life goes around in stages.  Our children have stages and so do adults.  I think this is one of the reasons our house has so many clashes in it.  Friction is bound to arise when you have a mother with PMT and a 3 year old on the scene. 

At one point we had 2 teenage girls at 14 and 16,  a preen teen girl, (all hormonal!)  6 year old and a 3 year old all at the same time.  It was not good planning on our behalf!!.  All 5 children all went through very challenging stages all at the same time.  Add to this me with PMT and depression and dad with long working hours you can just imagine the strain that created in our home.  It was hard work but I made it though the other end alive and an added bonus was all the children were alive too : )

A few things helped
  • Believing in myself.  Realising I could do this.
  • Prioritising time for me.
  • Seeking medical help for my depression
  • Remembering these stages would pass and change.  
  • That I couldn't do everything on my own.  It takes a village to raise a child!
  • That stages in life are part of how we learn and grow
And remembering if all else fails a chocolate bar fixes everything : )

No comments:

Post a Comment