Pages

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Patience








Patience is a virtue I sometimes lack. 





It is not that I don't try hard or put effort in.  I just think it is one of those things that will always be my struggle.  I have come a long way since I have had a family but I still have a lot to learn. I am a bit like this chicken......



As a child I was very impulsive and wanted things done right away.  I wouldn't get things finished unless it was a short job because I couldn't see the results straight away.  But I could ask question incessantly and never ever paused for a breath (hmmm...actually that really hasn't changed :) I still talk a lot) and I was patient if something really interested me, like a puzzle or a fun game, I always had to win (.....hmmm...actually that hasn't changed much either :) And I always could test others patience but the patience with people was very hard.



I had a strong sense of justice and could never figure out why people made choices they did.   I have learned that everyone makes choices for their own reasons and that that is their choice and that I need to accept and be patient with them. 

Patience is just waiting and keeping time.  it is learning to do it cheerfully and to be nice about it. I thought these quotes really get patience in a nutshell..






What I have learned about patience.....
  • Being patient is a state of mind
  • Being patient while 6 people are talking to you at once is very hard
  • Being patient is difficult after you have found the toilet needs cleaning the 4th time that day
  • Patience is a skill that gets well developed as a parent and family member.
  • Patience needs to be worked at daily every experience at a time
  • As my ability to be patient increases more challenging circumstances present themselves.
  • Small things are harder to be patient with than really big things ie The toilet needing to be cleaned v major trauma. 
  • It is an ongoing evolving skill
  • I find being patient a challenge when I am sleep deprived.
  • I am going to not be perfect at being patient in this life and it is O.K.

1 comment:

  1. I find patience comes and goes. It seems to depend on the situation, my mood, etc.

    ReplyDelete