Pages

Thursday, September 29, 2011






While I was away last week I took time to reflect on how I use my time and I evaluated where I am going in my life.  My life seems to run away into now where.  I feel I am often just chasing my tale and not really accomplishing much.  So after attending a time management for farming women workshop before I went away last week I decided it was time to look at how I use my time.  The principles of the evening where to make goals and then plan your time to meet these goals.  It was a very simple and efficient way to organise time. 



I spent a bit of time thinking through what I want in my life.  I have decided on these goals

  • To continue drawing everyday in my sketchbook
  • To practice machine quilting 2 times a week
  • To spend time playing and experimenting with equipment I already have in my studio.

I am going to try to also
  • To exercise  daily so I have more energy to work at my art
  • To listen to an play music daily to re energise my soul
  • To study the scriptures more to re energize my spirit

My family and I are going to try
  • Spend a little more time together
  • I am going to have a date with my husband at least 1 time a fortnight (rather than monthly)
  • To be more organised at home so I can get on with my art more

I know this will not be easy but it will be worth it.



When I started to place appointments and purposeful planning to meet these goals I found that I have a few pockets of time I can use to improve relationships and improve my art.  Evaluating time this way has helped me to see how well I think through what I do and how well I take time to rest and to re charge. 

Now all I have to do is stick to my plan!

No comments:

Post a Comment